Customer Relations Executive
Are you a passionate Customer Support or Administrator with an upbeat attitude and love solving problems for your clients? Our Customer Excellence Team supports our 'Borrowers' and 'Retail Investors,' and is dedicated to delivering an exceptional for business owners who aspire to more and investors who want their money to go further.
When you join the team, you will work with either our Borrowers OR our Retail Investors;
56,000 UK SME businesses have have a loan from Funding Circle! You will speak to diverse SME business owners about their loan - think, quirky gift shops and local cafes to trusted autobody shops and friendly accountants.
Our Retail Investors are individuals who have invested in Funding Circle looking to make a return, current count is 77,000 retail investors globally. You will speak to people investing their pensions, keen investors with a passion for FinTech, HNWI individuals, just to name a few examples
What will you be doing?
As an Customer Relations Executive, you embody one of our most important selling points: personal support of our customers. There is no better place to learn the business inside out and understand the service we provide as peer-to-peer lenders.
- You will be the first point of contact for customer queries via phone and email
- Excited to deliver excellent service to our wide range of customers
- Collaborating with all teams at Funding Circle to ensure that the customer journey and communication is streamline, in support of a high NPS score
- Provide our borrowers with the requested documents may it be statements of account, repayment reports, settlement figures or general loan enquiries
- Conduct regular operational servicing tasks for example changing bank details, marketing suppressions, GDPR and data requests, investor KYC checks
- Work with other members of the team to improve processes and control procedures
- Liaise with other departments (marketing, data, legal, compliance, investor teams) to answer detailed queries
- Deal with and recording complaints from borrowers or investors
- Work with the team to achieve excellent SLA and KPI targets based on quality and speed of service
What will you bring to the role?
It is important you are:
- Smart, enthusiastic and dedicated to delivering an excellent customer experience
- Some experience working in a phone based environment and an excellent phone manner
- You easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- You know how to organise your day and week
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Excited by a fast-paced environment with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
It would be advantageous if you have:
- University degree in finance/economics/business/management OR experience working with a financial product
- 6 months - 2 years experience in customer service is ideal for this junior role (however we are happy to consider applications from all experience levels!)
- An interest in FinTech and empowering small businesses
- We are interested in meeting people from a diverse education background - this role would equally suit a recent graduate OR post-apprenticeship OR a couple of years in customer service
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel beneficial
So why join us at Funding Circle?
We are a dynamic, innovative FinTech, creating new solutions with the latest tech, data and fantastic service - our people are the core of that success, and we believe in a culture that’s as open and collaborative as it is passionate and ambitious.
- Walk into a team that champions our values; thinking smart, standing together and living the adventure
- Competitive salary package
- Funding Circle shares
- Excellent opportunities for career growth, we will support your goals
- Learn, grow and go further with your annual learning budget & our peer-to-peer learning at FC Academy
- Free barista made coffee & subsidised lunch daily
- Monthly team & company wide socials/team bonding + weekly Friday socials
- Private health insurance which includes 50% discount on Virgin Active + other cool stuff
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.