Junior Security Engineer
Associate AppSec Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech and Data” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
As an Associate AppSec Engineer, you will be joining an established Information Security team here at Funding Circle concentrating on keeping the security standards of our products and tech to the max. You will be exposed to a variety of teams throughout tech including Data, Engineering, Risk and Product where you will be collaborating to find and fix bugs, assess new products and features.
To do this you will:
- Find security vulnerabilities in our infrastructure, raise them with the affected teams, and advise them on how best to mitigate them
- Design, onboard, tune and manage application security tools to increase responsiveness and visibility
- Work closely with Engineering teams to continue building secure products for our customers which includes the standards and processes they adhere to
- Triage issues found by monitoring tools, external reports, and various tests, to accurately assess the real risks
- Properly balance security risk against the other needs of the business
- Experienced in Application Security role, working closely with Engineering teams or have prior Engineering experience
- Can show a good understanding of the common vulnerabilities affecting modern environments
- Automate and continually improve our approaches through development of tooling and procedures
- Hands-on experience in IaaS (preferably Amazon Web Services), including Identity and Access Management roles
- Strong understanding of cloud, mobile or application security techniques
- Experience scripting/coding (Python, Java, Ruby etc)
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with other technical teams
- Excellent communication skills, in both technical and non-technical topics
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.