Legal Counsel - Litigation Manager
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
The Litigation team carry out all debt recovery and insolvency procedures with their own unique approach that is defining the recovery culture in the peer-to-business market.
What will you be doing?
You will be a capable and ambitious lawyer with strong operational leadership experience who can make a real and positive contribution to the continued success of the team and the wider business, specifically:
- Manage and oversee a team of Litigation Paralegals and oversee the successful achievement of individual, departmental and business targets ensuring Investor returns are protected
- Leading the implementation of improvements to the whole litigation process
- Managing a caseload, negotiating with regard to Insolvency and Litigation matters and ensuring cost spends are managed and recovery of costs achieved
- Drafting and filing court documents in order to commence and conclude formal recovery action on behalf of investors, whether it is liquidation, administration, bankruptcy or county court procedures
- Drafting and negotiating security documents, such as charges and deeds of priority, and settlement agreements
- Delivery of FC’s training and competency framework to ensure paralegals are supported and developed to reach their maximum potential and issues of underperformance are identified early and support plans put in place
- Experienced in Commercial / Financial Litigation. Insolvency experience is desirable
- Experienced in operational leadership and management, to include leading a team and managing performance and updating stakeholders accordingly
- Proven in delivering strong performance through leadership, coaching, mentoring and always taking ownership for your team's results
- An excellent negotiator with business acumen and commercial awareness.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.