Regional Partnerships Executive - London
Our Partnerships Team is growing and we are looking for a motivated Partnerships Executive with a passion for creating and developing business relationships. You will be building strategic partnerships with small business advisors such as accountants and business coaches, helping Funding Circle to drive forward the economy.
Did you know 56,000 UK businesses have financed their growth with a Funding Circle loan? We are the world’s leading marketplace for business loans and our mission is to improve the financial world by connecting investors with small businesses. At Funding Circle, we share an attitude with our customers and are uniquely driven, have a restless determination to succeed, and the tenacity to get there. We call this Made to do More.
What will you be doing?
As a Partnerships Executive, you will grow the volume of partner-referred lending through Funding Circle in the UK. Independently managing your diary, every day will be different as you meet client commitments across your region. Split between our London office and regular time spent our with partners in your region, your diary will include some travel, partner events and building your network out in the field, focusing on the London and South East.
- Focused on building & nurturing Funding Circle’s presence with existing strategic partners as well as generating new partnerships through local business networking, marketing and business development activity
- Actively reaching out and strengthening partnerships, you will use all communication channels to engage with new and existing partners including email, phone, text, LinkedIn, networking events, 1:1 meetings, group presentations
- Develop and implement the regional acquisition strategy with the Regional Partnership Manager; determining which relationships and networks to target, in what order, and best practice
- Assist with subsequent campaign and event planning and other social events
- Working to targets, you will be responsible for a combination of creating new partnerships and increasing uptake with existing partners, maximising lending through your panel
What will you bring to the role?
- Minimum 2+ years’ B2B business development or relationship management experience - ideally in SME market
- Motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your targets
- You easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- You know how to organise your day and week
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Excited by a fast-paced environment with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
- Excellent relationship building and written and oral communication ability (ability to lead and control a phone discussion/negotiation/closing to ensure efficiency)
Though not essential, these things will make your CV stand out to us:
- We are interested in meeting people from a diverse educational background - a degree in a relevant field is preferable
- Experience working as or with bank relationship managers with access to SMEs, or within an accountancy practice
- Presence of an existing network of business contacts an advantage
- Worked with an unsecured business lending product
So why join us at Funding Circle?
We are a fast moving, innovative FinTech company, creating new solutions with the latest tech, data and fantastic service - our people are the core of that success, and we believe in a culture that’s as open and collaborative as it is passionate and ambitious.
- Walk into a team that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure
- Competitive salary package + uncapped quarterly bonus and realistic (but not easy) targets
- Funding Circle shares
- Excellent opportunities for career growth and progression, we will support your goals
- We encourage everyone to learn, grow and go further with personal annual learning budget and our peer-to-peer learning at FC Academy
- Monthly team & company wide socials/team bonding
- Private health insurance includes 50% discount on Virgin Active + other cool stuff
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.