Senior Data Scientist
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Risk & Analytics” team.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a talented data scientist to join our Pricing and Funnel analytics team. The person selected to fill this role would be responsible for:
- Familiarizing themselves with the business requirements and solve analytical problems pertaining to those requirements
- Developing statistical models and business strategies based on those models, predictive analytics and scenario analysis and implement those strategies as part of cross-functional teams
- Develop and maintain the funnel data in a way that makes it easily usable by the analytical and commercial teams, along with maintaining MI reports for use by senior management
- Collaborating with the product and commercial teams to ensure that all relevant data related to the funnel journey of our multiple products are available to stakeholders + Collaborating with the credit strategy team in order to develop models for loan pricing
- Working with various stakeholders to conduct statistical tests on features of the funnel, and evaluate the results of such tests
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Strong quantitative background evidenced by a bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/finance related field or equivalent work experience
- Track record of strong hands-on experience in analytics and / or financial services
- Experienced in programming, with proficiency in R or Python preferred
- Proficient in using Tableau and SQL
- A proven problem solver who is skilled in using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- Able to translate complex analytical outputs into clear, simple and actionable stories
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.
We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.