Investor Audit & Assurance Executive
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
As an Investor Audit & Assurance Executive based within the Investor Services function, you will be responsible for managing and delivering on our Institutional investor audit and assurance requirements. You will be the face of Funding Circle for all external investor audits and be the link between the auditors and the operational teams, ensuring audits run smoothly and seamlessly for the business. This is an exciting new position which allows you the freedom to build out the role from scratch and put your own stamp on it.
- Maintain the audit roadmap, ensuring there is enough time to complete all the audit requests.
- Engage with clients and external auditors to negotiate, plan and deliver all investor audit & assurance projects.
- Engage and educate with all teams across the business on audit tools, techniques and procedures. And to implement best practices and industry standards into the BAU and provide proactive recommendations to develop a standardised and consistent internal approach.
- Validate audit findings are factually accurate, review audit recommendations with management, agree materiality and track action plans.
- Manage on-going engagement and partnering with the business to make audits more efficient by standardising audit scopes and reducing duplication.
- Leverage existing audit and control reports to identify trends and proactively highlight potential areas of concern to management .
- Collaborate with our Internal Audit team on any material issues found as part of investor audit work.
- Work with the Capital Markets team to implement a framework to align Due Diligence and Investor audits.
- Become a key member and contributor to the Monthly Investor Audit Forum.
- Experienced with working on audits & Agreed Upon Procedures (AUPs) in the Financial Services sector including planning, execution and reporting.
- A project management expert with proven experience of project managing the end to end lifecycle of internal and/or external audits.
- An excellent communicator (both written and verbal), with strong negotiation skills, and are comfortable dealing with a range of colleagues up to a senior level.
- Have had previous experience at a Big Four audit firm or similar, with experience in a control, risk or audit environment
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.