Senior Software Engineer (UK) - Hybrid or Remote
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more.
So far our investors have lent £13.7 billion through it to 122,000 SME owners. In just one year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy.
At Funding Circle we deliver an amazing customer experience through technology. We are focused on empowering small businesses to not only borrow, but pay and spend as well. This will make Funding Circle a multi-product platform, serving a direct and embedded audience.
This role sits within the “Tech and Data” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating as part of an agile cross functional team, as well as technology chapters
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Currently we are using Clojure, Kafka, React and Ruby, with everything built entirely on AWS
- Supporting our production systems
- Building out our US platform from here in the UK and building great use experiences for our customers.
- Experienced in at least one major programming language (we use Ruby, Clojure and Python so these would be preferable, but not essential)
- A strong fundamental programmer (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiar with developing on Unix/Linux
- Knowledgeable of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and CI/CD
- A senior who is able to drive and influence architectural decisions whilst mentoring and up-skilling more junior members of the team
Did you know?
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits covering. We have designed our offering around; Health, Wealth, Lifestyle & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Hybrid working environment (2 days a week in office), flexible working options with an amazing office and we will help support your home working set up.
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance.
- Learning and Wellbeing allowances AND other perks such as Gympass, Spill, Just Eat allowance, Electric Car Scheme and more!
- Access to Octopus Money Coach, Free Mortgage advisor partnership, Discounts at other retailers through perks at work.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.