Senior Software Engineer - Growth
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In 2017 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy
Engineering at Funding Circle
The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
In Growth Engineering our aim is to:
- Reduce friction in the acquisition funnel and accelerate the value perceived by customers
- Making sure the following is kept to:
- How do our customers interact with our product?
- What is what truly important to our customers?
- How can our product deliver/solve that experience/pain as soon as possible?
We're looking for product-focused people, individual contributors that understand that growth is born from a deep understanding of how our customers use the product, how our funnel is built, and where you can find product-channel fit.
As a Member of the GE Team you get to:
- Work side by side with the business to iterate quickly and meet commercial targets
- A/B testing
- UI design experimentation
- Build great user experiences for customers
- Building the next generation front end
- Use React and Ruby Currently and built entirely on AWS
We are looking for these skills...
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and/or CI
- An interest or experience in experiments/AB testing in UI/UX
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the companies success by offering generous shares.
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.