Marketplace Operations Analyst
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
Funding Circle Marketplace is an exciting new area of the company that helps small business owners secure funding by building partnerships with a broad panel of alternative lenders and utilising a range of lending products.
What will you be doing?
You will support the Marketplace Sales teams to manage applications from initial submission to payout using a combination of software applications and lender portals. Showing a high level of accuracy to write, check and collate client documentation. Your role will be central to ensuring we provide a smooth and swift service for our customers.
The role offers an opportunity to expand your skills to gain an understanding of a number of different lending products including unsecured and secured loans, asset finance, revolving credit facilities, business cash advance, business credit cards and potentially in the future invoice finance and property. You will also have the opportunity to develop your professional network and understanding within financial services and specifically the SME lending market.
- Ensuring that we package applications correctly for our lenders to help us deliver a fast and efficient service to our clients.
- Working closely with the sales team to help them manage customers through the process increasing conversion through slick administration
- Continuously seek opportunities to lead change and improve our operating processes
- Ensuring that we follow all compliance and risk processes
- Maintaining our own internal CRM and providing reporting to the team as required
- Writing lender documentation prior to sending to the client for signing
- Highly organised and able to organise your day and week to maximise your efficiency
- Competitive with a desire to work hard and deliver a high volume of work with high attention to detail
- Willing to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products quickly
- Flexible and prepared to try something different and adapt to change quickly
This role would suit both a recent graduate or someone with 1-2 years working experience!
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.