Security Analyst - Monitoring & Incident Response
Monitoring & Incident Response Analyst Location: London
Competitive plus package
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionize the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just nine years, 90,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £7 billion to 68,000 businesses across the world. In 2017 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
We have a great opportunity for a capable MIR Security Analyst who has a real excitement for practical security measures and fast reaction times. We are a group of passionate engineers whose bread and butter is learning new technologies cultivating a collaborative and inclusive environment we’re looking for partners in crime who feel the same.
You Will Have Experience In The Following
- Demonstrating best practices in containing and remediating phishing, email scams, and other forms of generic fraud
- Working within and improving upon established workflows to facilitate expedited ticket processing for InfoSec alerts
- Demonstrable knowledge of incident response processes and actions
- Have a fundamental knowledge of best-practices for full-stack engineering
- Familiarity with Python or at least have a willingness to learn on the job
- Be an investigator: you're someone who is well versed in collecting forensic evidence when security incidents occur to resolve impact, scope, and remedies.
You'll Have Experience In The Below
A foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, authentication, and communication protocols
- A comprehensive understanding of web application architecture
- Experience with security in cloud environments such as AWS.
- Experience with forensic analysis of artefacts from HIDS, NIDS, and application logs.
- No fear when it comes to learning new technologies and taking initiatives.
- Past contributions to the security community
- Experience in the financial services industry.
What You Will Be Doing
- Building strong relationships across Funding Circle, being an advocate of security best practices and go to point for security related queries
- Conducting incident postmortem meetings, and documenting the results of security incident investigations.
- Automating processes and methodologies for analysis and error detection, as well as spam detection and blocking of malicious activities.
- Be an active member of the security community and employ industry standard methodologies and insights into our platform.
- Offer your expertise to other specialists in the designing and building of secure software across our business.
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we..
Offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered.
That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?!
It is our mission that really motivates us to come to work:
We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
We're creating a bigger marketplace
Where investors can directly connect with businesses.
We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
We can fund loans fast: all online!
We have a clear advantage in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
Opening Date for applications: