Senior Salesforce Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Salesforce Engineer.
This role sits within the Salesforce team in US Engineering. Salesforce is the core CRM tool we use to provide first class customer service. We have enhanced Salesforce as a core part of our tech platform to enable us to provide a bespoke service to small businesses. Come and help us disrupt the financial services industry with cutting edge technology!
We are focused entirely on making the most of the Salesforce platform to provide the best experience for our borrowers and internal teams. We are doing this using Apex, SOQL and Lightning, as well as tools such as web lightning components, flow and custom settings. We work in small agile teams using a number of best practices including continuous integration (Drone CI), unit testing and pairing.
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
- We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
- To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
- And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
- Performing hands-on technical implementation, including customisation of objects within Salesforce
- Working closely with product and principal engineers to automate business processes and evolve the Salesforce system
- Work with other engineering teams to integrate backend data with Salesforce via middleware to give our end users an enhanced data experience.
- Design, document, and implement specific initiatives to improve business processes and Funding Circle’s CRM environment. You will support design and ongoing schema changes to promote Funding Circle’s growth and business evolution.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to less experienced engineers on the team.
- Keep up to date with Salesforce platform enhancements and seek how to introduce pertinent new features into Funding Circle’s Salesforce instance in a pragmatic way.
- Be a key staple on the team by providing knowledge gap for the rest of the engineering teams in the UK
- Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience with the Salesforce platform, Salesforce platform languages and enterprise customisation
- Ability to lead and influence architectural decisions
- Experience working with a product team as well as wider stakeholders to build a deep understanding within the domain
- Excellent listener, with great customer service skills and strong professional written and oral communication skills.
- Someone with good attention to detail with the ability to analyse and solve complex problems as well as provide documentation, guidance, and instructions to users.
- A Salesforce Certified Developer – e.g. with App Builder, Platform Developer I and ideally Platform Developer II, experienced at integrating with 3rd party applications (e.g. SMS Tools/Conga/DocuSign)
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We are committed to being full-time hybrid; three days from home for which we will help support your home working set-up and two in the office where you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development: Learning allowance and full access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.