Senior Manager, Credit Strategy
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £8.1 billion in 110,000 loans to 77,000 small business owners. In a single year , we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
About the team
Funding Circle’s Credit Risk team is hugely influential to our overall lending process. They look at measuring our risk, optimising our credit risk funnel and forecasting the performance of our loan portfolios. To do this, they work globally with the credit risk modelling, engineering, data management, capital markets and business operations teams to truly understand our objectives and shape analytical solutions.
As a Senior Credit Manager you will...
- Deliver value for Investors and Funding Circle through optimization of the credit lifecycle management:
- Shape and lead thinking on lending, collection and recovery strategies
- In partnership with the Operational Teams and with attention to efficiency and quality, implement, monitor and measure the success of those strategies
- Work the linkage between operational execution and investor’s value. Deliver plans and the underlying operational targets to achieve them.
- Think up new credit strategies and support in shaping them analytically with attention to details. Measure impacts and be open to iterate.
- Be an excellent communicator and presenter. Turn complex analysis into simply articulated visions / insights.
- Conduct rigorous statistical analysis, forecasting and data mining of various datasets to shape and guide decision-making across a number of strategic areas
- Identify, develop and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Have a clear and relentless focus on delivering business results
- Be comfortable challenging the status quo
- A great communicator! A real people person that connects easily with people and brings a strong positive energy to the table.
- Fired–up to achieve. Passionate about the power of data to drive better business outcomes for our customers.
- Super organised. Someone who knows how to manage their workload, cope with multiple priorities and can organise their days and week effectively
- Relevant commercial experience in a risk strategy setting, ideally within SME or retail lending environment
- Proven track record of driving strategic/operational changes within an organisation
- Experience leading a key analytical function (people management experience not required)
- Exceptional problem solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Working knowledge of SQL
- One programming language (R, SAS, Python)
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.