Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer, London
Who are we?
Funding Circle was created with a big idea: to revolutionise the broken financial system and secure a better deal for everyone. We are the world’s leading marketplace for business loans. We’re taking on the global banking system and finding a better way for businesses to borrow and investors to lend, by connecting them together, fusing finance and technology. We are helping small businesses to grow, creating thousands of jobs across the UK, U.S and Europe and changing the lives of business owners, and at the same time helping investors earn a return on their hard-earned money.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In addition, in 2017 lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
The driving force behind our product is our engineering team; we are using open source technologies like Ruby & Clojure to build a new platform that is elegant and sustainable. We are also creating scalable cloud infrastructure on a global scale, and we want you to be a part of it!
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a drive and passion for technology and designing first in class cloud infrastructure. This is a fantastic opportunity within a globally Agile business delivering a next generation financial platform. If you enjoy automation, working with cutting edge technology and helping define and steer the technical direction of a global brand then this role is for you.
We are a group of creative and ambitious individuals whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
Be able to provide expert opinion on the infrastructure design, build, integration, release, deployment and hosting operations. Also will be able to help drive a SRE culture with the teams you work with and provide tooling to enable teams to improve their operational excellence.
We are looking for people who…
- Have solid knowledge of working in public cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS).
- Are familiar with AWS services and standards
- Are capable of architecting frictionless security and compliance into global cloud infrastructure.
- Can at ease troubleshoot complex environments through experience using monitoring and logging tools
- Have familiarity with Infrastructure as Code
- Have programming experience with one or more languages
- Can demonstrate good knowledge of configuration management tools
- Are experienced with Build Tools and Artifacts Repositories
- Have experience or willing to learn about using containerisation technologies and managing containerised workloads
- Are comfortable with Service Discovery and distributed key-value stores.
- Have experience working with RDBMS and managed Database
- Have worked in/with Agile/Lean/DevOps cultures
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Generous shares for all new employees, after service and on promotion.
- Private healthcare and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development allocation
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch daily
We’d love to find out more about you…
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.