We are looking for a Communications Manager or Senior Communications Manager (depending on experience) to join our fun, fast-paced team. This person will drive media relations and public affairs in the UK. We’re looking for someone with a can-do attitude who is passionate about the central role corporate communications plays in building understanding and advocacy with key stakeholders, in order to help us become the first choice for small businesses globally. If you are a fast learner, great communicator, team player, with an eagle eye for minute details and enjoy geeking out on current affairs, keep reading!
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Drive UK media relations and public affairs including outreach and briefings
- Manage day-to-day relationships with national, trade and regional journalists, including handling enquiries to the press office
- Work with wider corporate affairs group (comms, legal & strategy) to manage day-to-day public affairs including consultation responses, select committee preparation and party conference season
- Spot opportunities for the business to increase awareness and understanding amongst parliamentarians and use creativity to generate tactical ideas that share our vision and message with the media
- Represent the company by attending meetings with journalists, Members of Parliament and other stakeholders
- Liaise with trade bodies (Peer-to-Peer Finance Association, Federation of Small Businesses, British Chamber of Commerce and others), think tanks and researchers
- Secure speaking slots for Funding Circle spokespeople and oversee spokesperson training and preparation
- Work closely with UK Managing Director (co-founder) and executive team
- Manage retained agency
- And more… no one day is the same!
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum 5 years’ experience – ideally within a high-growth company or agency
- Excellent, clear and concise verbal and written communications, and the ability to clearly articulate our story to both external and internal audiences
- Detailed understanding of the media and public affairs landscape in the UK
- Strong interest in financial markets and regulation in the UK
- Strong people management skills
- Intellectual curiosity to keep learning about our business environment
- Strategic mindset with great attention to detail
- The discipline to push back and focus without being caught in the day to day of a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record, or equivalent experience
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
With teams in London, San Francisco, Denver, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.