Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Architecture” team. This is a key function under the Technology BU at Funding Circle which is a key contributor to the organisation's strategies and vision
What will you be doing?
As a Business Architect, you will collaborate with other architects, and senior stakeholders throughout the organisation to develop and drive a business architecture that helps to realise the strategic vision as a key component of the overall target architecture.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to understand and articulate our business strategies using a variety of approaches appropriate to the audience in order to shape and influence the architectures intended to deliver them
- Own the business domain principles that define and shape our approach to activities in this architectural domain
- Define, model, and catalogue organisational capabilities, structures, business services, customer journeys, drivers, goals, objectives, etc.
- Produce and maintain matrices, models, and diagrams mapping business architecture elements to one another and to elements in other architectural domains. E.g. value stream to capability
- Understand and model business processes, working with other stakeholders to review and maintain these models
- Produce and maintain artefacts defining both the current state, and target states
- Skilled in the production of business architecture models: capability models, value streams, value chains, business process models?
- Experienced in using business architecture modelling techniques to inform and influence other architectural domains?
- Someone with strong negotiating and influencing skills, able to reconcile opposing interests and influence change in a positive manner?
- Knowledgeable and experienced in financial services/FinTech?
- Do you have experience of working (or leading) transformation such as operational resiliency, operating models, customer experience/ journey, process rationalisation/ simplification?
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.