We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent $13.1 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed $8.4 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
About the role:
As we continue to grow and expand our product offering, we are looking for a seasoned Operations Leader to join us in London. This is a high exposure role leading multiple operations spanning Continental Europe and the UK. The VP Operations will report into the Europe Managing Director and optimise the company's operating capabilities and deploy strategies to ultimately maximise our offering for our Small Business customers.You will be a key contributor and key voice on our UK Leadership team, reporting to our Europe Managing Director
- Responsible for leading multiple UK operational teams: payments, loan operations, financial crime (first line) and borrower operations as well as building operational excellence teams
- Responsible for servicing our Continental Europe loan book and investors
- Developing and driving operational strategy and operational changes to support broader business strategy, collaborating with other teams.
- Responsible for operational resource planning and allocation
- Ownership of first line risks and controls - ensuring adequate controls are in place, quality control levels are met and maintained
- Certified function under the senior managers regime (SMCR)
- Experienced people leader 15+ years experience across operational & leadership roles
- Seasoned operational leader with experience in Financial Services
- Ability to drive operational change roadmap, continuous improvement and strategic change, aligned to the commercial goals of the business.
- Champion of leading change and transformation
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to adapt in a fast paced organisation
- Understanding and appreciating nuances of working in a regulated environment, including operational control design and implementation and QA
- Collaborative - able to work with leaders across the business to problem solve and execute
- You have the confidence and gravitas to bring multiple teams together and with you on your direction of travel as we maintain a high performance culture
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.