Finance Broker - Asset Finance
We are looking for a Finance Broker (known internally as an Account Manager)
The Marketplace team specifically represents what we see as the future of how we can 'build a better financial world' for SMEs in the UK. Working in Sales, you will be working in a vibrant and ambitious team. Check out more about the team here: https://tinyurl.com/c629phrb
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
- We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
- To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
- And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
As an Asset Finance Specialist for the Marketplace team you’ll give our customers exceptional service in managing all kinds of equipment funding applications to 3rd party lender partners. Working closely with both internal and external teams, you will structure and manage these applications from start to completion and provide the client with an in-depth understanding of the range of asset finance solutions available.
- Engage with SMEs in inbound as well as outbound calls/emails/sms
- Understand credit applications and be able to give ad-hoc guidance on credit worthiness. Gather all relevant documents so applications are well packaged, can move forward and be submitted to 3rd party lenders
- Know everything about our partners' products so you can confidently present the right options to our clients
- Provide timely updates for ongoing cases, answering questions related to specific applications or product queries
- Understand that all lenders operate differently, respect their process and build excellent individual relationships with them
- Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
What we’re looking for
- An Asset Finance expert with experience in a sales role within the industry as a broker or directly for a lender
- Ability to structure transactions across a range of asset types and risk profiles
- Confidence to build and maintain long lasting business relationships
- Motivation to achieve and exceed targets
- Intent on having an impact on the business and processes, and proactively bring innovative ideas
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with 2-3 days per week based in the office. When you’re in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development: Learning allowance and full access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.