Client Platform Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
Would you describe yourself as a resourceful, detail-oriented, and patient individual who enjoys working with a variety of stakeholders and forging bonds within a community? If your answer is yes, you may be what we are looking for.
Funding Circle is looking for a customer focussed, efficiency-driven Client Platform Engineer who is able to innovate, can think on their feet and can collaborate effectively across multiple teams. The Client Platform Engineering team is looking to expand its reach and the successful candidate will be a key contributor to these improvements.
Although close collaboration with the Service Desk team is expected, this is not a Service Desk role and is focussed on automation engineering.
To do this you will:
- Have great customer service skills, communication skills and plenty of patience with diagnostic research
- Provide excellent customer service to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Support the IT Operation by creating and administering centralised management tools
- Create and maintain policy and process documentation
- Provide second/third line IT support and systems administration ensuring colleagues can work effectively
- Process planned and unplanned automation tasks in support of the IT service desk and Infrastructure teams
- Take ownership of customer issues that have been escalated to the client team and see them through to resolution
- Contribute to the continual service improvement plan
- Experienced in the creation of automation solutions using scripting and programming tools
- Skilled in G-Suite administration
- Skilled in Microsoft Active Directory, Azure or classic AD
- Experienced in Okta or other SSO
- Experienced with centralised management tools/endpoint management such as Jamf Pro, PDQ, MS InTune/Autopilot or similar
- Familiar with networking principles such as office networking and security policy
- Adept in Windows 10 and MacOS deployment, configuration, patching and troubleshooting including the build/image and configure of equipment and systems to business specifications
Bonus Points for the following:
- Administration experience in JIRA Server or Cloud, Amazon AWS, Google GAM, ITIL 4 and Have great customer service skills, communication skills and plenty of patience with diagnostic research
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.