Service Desk Engineer (12 Month FTC)
We are looking for a Service Desk Engineer (12 Month’s FTC)
Would you describe yourself as a resourceful, detail-oriented, and patient individual who enjoys working with a variety of stakeholders and forging bonds within a community? If your answer is yes, you may be what we are looking for.
Funding Circle is looking for a customer focussed, efficiency-driven Service Desk Manager who is able to innovate, can think on their feet and can collaborate effectively across multiple teams. The Service Desk team is planning to further develop the JIRA platform and the successful candidate will be a key contributor to these improvements.
The role will involve close collaboration with many internal Funding Circle teams, including Client Platform, IT Infrastructure, InfoSec and Workplace Services. You’ll be providing technical input and support across a variety of programmes of work.
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
- We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
- To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
- And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
- Providing excellent customer service to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Supporting employees with hardware and software troubleshooting
- Providing IT support and systems administration as an escalation point for the 1st line engineers ensuring safe and secure, cost effective IT
- Assisting with the daily tasks of the IT service desk and Infrastructure team
- Contributing to the Service Desk continual service improvement plan
- Generating reports on Service Desk activity for the Global IT Manager
What we’re looking for
- Professionally experienced in a similar support role
- Demonstrable skills in G-Suite administration, JIRA & Confluence administration /development
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Active Directory as well as Okta or other SSO
- Experienced with centralised management tools/Endpoint management (e.g. Jamf Pro, PDQ or similar, MS InTune and Autopilot)
- Proficient with printing services, audio visual support and meeting room management
- Adept in Windows 10 and macOS deployment, configuration, patching and troubleshooting
- Competent in building/imaging and configuring equipment and systems to business specifications
- Understanding of wired and wireless LAN networks
- Experience with continual Service improvement experience and senior stakeholder management
- Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
Bonus Points for the following:
- Experience in JIRA Server or Cloud, development of Service Desks, Amazon AWS, Google GAM, ITIL 4, and any experience of programming or scripting languages
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with 2-3 days per week based in the office. When you’re in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development: Learning allowance and full access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.