Payments Operations Team Leader - UK
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
Our Payments Team is crucial to making our platform work smoothly and is the key to fast and effective customer experience. This is an exciting and dynamic role to further your career in operations, where you will have real impact and learn quickly.
What will you be doing?
- Manage daily resources to ensure all UK rota tasks are completed inline with respective SLA’s.
- Act as a day to day point of contact for all UK Payment queries, dealing with and raising issues to management in a timely manner.
- Ensure process documents are in place, kept up to date and stored appropriately.
- Highlight any process weaknesses and build controls to reduce the risk to the business.
- Lead, coach, motivate and develop your direct reports (approx. 7).
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Manage the on-boarding and training plans of new starters in UK Payments.
- Deputise for the Payments Operations Manager and perform management duties when the manager is absent or out of office.
- Provide weekly summary reports to management advising of any highlights, challenges and outstanding items.
What will you bring to the role
- People management experience (essential)
- Experience in Payments Operations or a Payments environment (essential)
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Quick to learn, understand and explain complex concepts and products
- Self-motivated with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly.
- A strong numerical & logical mind
It would be advantageous if you have:
- Advanced Excel skills
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.