Junior Account Manager
Are you looking for a role that offers excellent opportunity for growth and uncapped earning potential? If you’re driven, commercially aware and have that flair for connecting with people, we’ll equip you with the tools you need to be an integral part of an industry leading FinTech.
Did you know 56,000 UK businesses have financed their growth with a Funding Circle loan? We are the world’s leading marketplace for business loans and our mission is to improve the financial world by helping entrepreneurs achieve their goals. Our Direct Sales team has always been a cornerstone of our success story, and a great starting point to developing a challenging and rewarding career in B2B sales.
As an Account Manager, you embody one of our most important selling points: personal support of our customers. Every single day, you will speak to SME business owners that have engaged with Funding Circle and looking to grow. You will speak with a diverse customer base on a weekly basis about their business, why they need help, and how a Funding Circle loan can help them achieve their goals - (think, your favourite local high street shop to a tech company looking to expand on a global scale and everyone in between)
What will you be doing?
- Handling applications from SME UK businesses applying for a business loan - from initial enquiry to acceptance of funds (100% warm leads generated through direct marketing)
- Pursuing your monthly target; your own target is just as important as the team target
- Establishing instant rapport with your customers via telephone and email, cultivating successful relationships with your customers
- Your ‘sales pipeline’ will be high-volume and fast paced; constantly converting applications to the credit team and working closely with them to close deals
What will you bring to the role?
It is important that you are:
- Motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your targets
- You easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- You know how to organise your day and week
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Excited by a fast-paced environment with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
It would be advantageous if you have:
- 3-6+ months in a customer facing/sales/phone-based role
- An interest in FinTech and empowering small business
- We are interested in meeting people from a diverse education background - this role would equally suit a recent graduate OR post-apprenticeship OR a couple of years in sales and looking to push your career
So why join us at Funding Circle?
We are a fast moving, innovative FinTech company, creating new solutions with the latest tech, data and fantastic service - our people are the core of that success, and we believe in a culture that’s as open and collaborative as it is passionate and ambitious.
- Walk into a team that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure
- Excellent opportunities for career growth and progression, we will support your goals
- We encourage everyone to learn, grow and go further with personal annual learning budget and our peer-to-peer learning at FC Academy
- Competitive salary package + uncapped monthly bonus and realistic (but not easy) targets
- Funding Circle shares
- Free barista made coffee & subsidised lunch daily
- Monthly team & company wide socials/team bonding + weekly Friday knock-offs
- Private health insurance includes 50% discount on Virgin Active + other cool stuff
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.