Senior Front End Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more.
So far our investors have lent £13.7 billion through it to 122,000 SME owners. In just one year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy.
At Funding Circle we deliver an amazing customer experience through technology. We are focused on empowering small businesses to not only borrow, but pay and spend as well. This will make Funding Circle a multi-product platform, serving a direct and embedded audience.
This role sits within the “Tech and Data” teams. The drivers behind our platform .
You will work alongside a team of 5 Front End Developers who are currently undertaking a website revamp and the integration of a headless CMS.
Further down the line, they will be managing a move into React and working with micro-frontends.
What will you be doing?
- Collectively owning, optimising and improving our Acquire domain
- Working Closely with our marketing team on a CMS Integration to drive efficiencies in their workflow and improve our experimentation capabilities
- Working on a global React Component Library
- Mentoring less-experienced engineers and helping them grow in their careers
- Participating in our front-end community of practice - sharing ideas and learning from frontend engineers in other teams.
- Experienced with React and working on headless CMS
- Able to demonstrate fundamental programming skills (data structures,algorithms)
- Somebody who enjoys working as part of a team that employs Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban, and XP Techniques including Pair Programming and TDD
- Someone who enjoys collaborating with technical and non-technical teammates to build incredible products
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits covering; Lifestyle, Health, Wealth & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Flexible and remote working options + home working support
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Learning and Wellbeing allowances (including subscription to Gympass)
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.