Product Manager - Marketplace
Product Manager - Marketplace
Competitive salary + Shares
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
We have 90,000 investors who to date have lent £7 billion to 68,000 businesses across the world. In 2018 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 115,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy.
Our team owns the core Funding Circle platform consisting of various domains such as Payments, Loan Servicing, Exchange and Financial Accounting & Reporting. Millions of transactions flow through this platform on a daily basis and we’re looking for someone to help us scale that even further as we grow.
In this role you will…
- Be responsible for product roadmap definition and execution for one of the Marketplace domains
- Drive the roadmap for that domain as it looks to facilitate an ever increasing number of transactions, across a growing number of countries
- Manage a development team’s backlog - write and prioritise stories, manage the roadmap
- Make decisions on scope to deliver value in small increments as quickly as possible
- Understand the minimum viable product (MVP); prioritise what is needed for launch and learn as quickly as possible
- Manage relationships with stakeholders – be that go-to person for a wide range of colleagues and clients, enable fast decision-making, keep track of deadlines and agendas
- Support existing clients - add new features and deal with client issues
We are looking for these skills...
- A love for understanding problems to a deep level, and finding solutions for them
- Passion for marketplaces and data
- Excitement for solving the hard technical challenges with large-scale financial systems
- Proven experience with managing agile development teams
- A mindset geared toward data analytics and reporting for measuring success
- The desire and ability to navigate from “what is being asked” to “what is the need”
- A solid technical background - great understanding of web technologies and software development for complex data-driven systems
- The ability to own product development throughout the entire product lifecycle, particularly the requirement and design phases
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the company’s success by offering generous shares
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company wide socials