Structured Finance Associate
Working in our high performing Capital Markets team, we are looking for an Associate to join. This will offer you a lot of exposure to getting involved in our transactions right from Origination all the way through to Structuring and then finally, Execution.
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
- We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
- To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
- And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
- Play a key and active role throughout the life cycle of a transaction; from origination through to execution and ongoing management, for both public and private transactions
- Assist in devising and building the strategy and structure of specific global Capital Markets transactions
- Support the execution of trades; including but not limited to the negotiation of legal contracts, answering prospective investor queries and project managing all internal and external processes and stakeholders
- Manage ongoing communications with a range of investors
- Work in deal team with the broader global Capital Markets and Risk & Analytics colleagues as well as with external advisors and vendors
- Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
What we’re looking for
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an investment bank or asset manager with Fixed Income experience
- Comfortable reviewing legal documents and analysing financial models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with very strong attention to detail
- Confident, presentable and able to interact directly and autonomously with a wide variety of investors and stakeholders
- Numerical and analytical skills, project management skills, experience taking active role in executing transactions
- Ambitious, eager to learn and excited about working with highly motivated and smart individuals in an entrepreneurial environment
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with 2-3 days per week based in the office. When you’re in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development: Learning allowance and full access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.