Marketplace Account Manager
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
About the role:
As an Account Manager for the Marketplace team you’ll give them exceptional service in managing loan applications for SME clients to 3rd party lender partners. Working closely with both internal and external teams, you will supervise and manage these applications from start to completion and provide the client with an in-depth understanding of 3rd party lending product benefits, customer eligibility and use cases.
Working in Direct Sales, you embody one of our most important selling points: personal support of our customers. Every single day, you will speak to diverse small & medium sized business owners about their goals and how a 3rd party lending partner can help.
- Engage with SMEs in inbound as well as outbound calls/emails/sms and represent the company in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Understand credit applications and be able to give ad-hoc guidance on credit worthiness. Gather all relevant documents so applications are well packaged, can move forward and be submitted to 3rd party lenders.
- Know everything about our 3rd party products and its advantages so you are confident to offer clients the right product.
- Provide timely updates for ongoing cases, answering questions related to specific applications or product queries.
- Understand that all lenders operate differently, respect their process and build excellent individual relationships with them.
- Go above and beyond to hit and exceed your KPIs to enable us to exceed growth targets.
- Organised: you have a strong level of self organisation, diligence and prioritisation skills.
- Relationships: have the ability to build and maintain long lasting business relationships.
- Results; you are motivated and results-oriented and want to achieve and exceed targets.
- Impact: thrive on having an impact on the business and processes, and proactively bring innovative ideas.
- Re-shaping: excited about re-shaping the finance industry.
- Interest in building a career within sales, with 1+ years of previous finance brokering experience.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octave – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.