Engineering Manager - Platform
Would you describe yourself as someone who is an expert in helping companies scale through mentorship of teams and driving projects to completion? If your answer is yes, you’re going to fit right in with our team. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our organization and contribute to the day-to-day oversight of a team working on global projects. We are a group of creative and ambitious individuals whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we’re looking for partners in crime who feel the same.
Bird’s eye view of the role:
- Be a team builder: you’ll build, manage, and mentor software engineering teams of 6+ engineers with increasing responsibilities. You will create the engineering structure to scale and grow with the values of the company.
- Be a driver: you’ll drive company and project goals, prioritize resources, and ensure timely delivery. You’ll implement effective engineering processes, technology, and policies for sustained growth.
- Be a Funding Circle Rep: you’ll represent Funding Circle engineering and management at industry events, and help grow our brand within the community.
- Be a collaborator: you’ll forge deep bonds with your business counterparts, understanding their needs and sharing ownership of their outcomes.
- Be a teacher: be generous with your time and expertise to teach stakeholders and fellow engineers how to answer their own questions.
Our ideal teammate has:
- 2+ years experience with management responsibilities building, leading, and mentoring engineering organizations.
- proven experience delivering mission critical, high-value products and services.
- familiarity with Agile Methodologies.
- experience working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
- experience working in global companies with multiple geographies.