Senior Data Analyst
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £8.1 billion in 110,000 loans to 77,000 small business owners. In a single year , we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Risk and Analytics” team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
About the role
Would you describe yourself as a data fanatic? Do you have a passion for analysing and visualising data to help your company make better decisions faster? If you answer yes to these questions then we're looking for you to apply! We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to help drive the use of data across the company. You’ll help by:
- Learn and understand business needs and define analytical frameworks to facilitate problem-solving, primarily on Existing Borrowers
- Use advanced statistical analysis to design testing and predictive models whilst creating and improving on best practices to be used across the Funding Circle analytics community
- Business & Product Insights: Recommend optimal business strategies based on historical performance, predictive analytics and scenario analysis
- Build global frameworks that are scalable across markets and help to drive business outcomes & portfolio performance
- Work closely with partner teams across business and risk to ensure analytical outputs meet stakeholder expectations
- Communicate analytical outcomes effectively to wide variety of internal and external constituents
- Hold exceptional analytical skills with a degree in a quantitative field like BS/MS mathematics, statistics, economics, engineering or an MBA
- Has commercial experience in an analytics role in a technology, fintech or financial services organisation
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of drivers of performance optimisation and/or credit performance of portfolio
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Will demonstrate strong Machine learning/AI experience along with proficiency in analytical tools like Excel VBA, Tableau, SAS/SQL, R and Python
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.