Senior Platform Manager
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £8.1 billion in 110,000 loans to 77,000 small business owners. In a single year , we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech” team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
About the team
The Platform team is responsible for building, maintaining and owning the technology ecosystem at Funding Circle that allows us to offer incredible products that delight our stakeholders.
The Platform team is composed of the following areas: Platform Engineering, covering tooling, site reliability engineering, platform, infrastructure, and technology vendor management. There is also a very strong connection and partnership with the Corporate IT team.
About the role
This role will manage a team of Technologists, working collaboratively alongside peers within the Data & Platform team, and the colleagues within the wider organisation. This team is one of two within Platform Engineering.
Day to day this role will;
- Oversee, develop, and support the growth of your team members as they design and implement efficiencies and automation within day to day operations.
- Strive for technical excellence and quality of deployments into the platform infrastructure
- Serve as local point of contact to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams
- A motivating, empowering and inspirational people and technology leader with a passion for bringing out the best in teams.
- Ability to look ‘inside’ at very technical components of the team, as well as communicate these in digestible language for stakeholders outside the team.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion and its importance within your role as a leader.
- Deep understanding on performance impact in distributed architecture system
- Experience leading and managing technical teams (e.g. DevOps / Site Reliability, Platform)
- Experience deploying to AWS with Terraform or Cloudformation
- Proven experience with AWS Services (EC2,VPCs,RDS, Aurora, Elasticache, IAM, Lambda,Config)
- Agile methodology experience
- Experience with containerisation and schedulers such as Kubernetes and EKS
- Experience with managing and owning vendor relationships
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.