Junior Payments Operations Analyst
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. With teams in London, San Francisco and Denver, we are fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
What will you be doing?
- Processing daily payments in our bespoke systems, both inbound and outbound (e.g. direct debits, bank transfers, internal money movement)
- Identifying non-standard payments and account behaviour and finding short/long term solutions
- Understanding end-to-end flow of money through Funding Circle and the appropriate action for each type of payment (contacting the relevant team, flagging risk and putting the right controls in place)
- Conducting daily checks on processes and performing authorisation of all transactions for virtual and real world money
- Working closely with AML and Fraud teams to ensure client funds are protected
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies focusing on FCA and CASS compliance
- Liaising with the Fin-Ops and Collections teams
- Answering internal and external queries regarding payments
What will you bring to the role?
- Previous administration experience - either in insurance, financial services operations or other high volume administrative roles may suit!
- Experience in payment processing and with client money responsibility is ideal, but not essential
- You are committed to providing a great customer experience through process driven approach
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in a fast paced environment
- You enjoy connecting with people and demonstrate interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- You know how to organise your day and week
- Advanced Excel skills
It would be advantageous if you have:
- An interest in FinTech and empowering small businesses
- We are interested in meeting people from a diverse education background - this role would equally suit a recent graduate OR post-apprenticeship OR a couple of years in sales and looking to push your career
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and will, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.