Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager role is one of Funding Circle's most senior sales positions and sits within our high performing Introducer Channel. Responsible for identifying, owning and winning key Strategic Partners, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a high profile team that is responsible for the launch and growth of Funding Circle's embedded lending solution.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be required to identify, research, prospect and onboard new business through Strategic Partners; owning group level relationships with Strategic Partners through to contract sign. You’ll take the lead on strategy in your vertical on how to hit lending targets from your panel and work towards becoming an industry expert in the allocated vertical.
Working closely and collaborating with Product, Engineering, Strategy to contribute towards the success of the channel as well as gaining a strong understanding of the API product spec and how it applies to partners.
You’ll also collect partner feedback for the purpose of product iteration and development and provide detailed reports and forecasts to the Head of Strategic Partnerships on your panel.
- Identify partners within your panel that present highest opportunity and deprioritise those that don’t - ability to make these decisions independently
- Research by completing research blueprint and MEDDIC for each partner researched
- Book and facilitate meetings with key decision makers for target partners. Lead pitch, demo and onboarding meetings with target partners
- Develop a solid understanding of FC’s API product and the technical implications of integrating with it as a partner
- Run quarterly forward facing QBRs
- Deliver monthly panel reviews
- Experienced in sales (minimum 3-4 years experience)
- Experienced in Enterprise Sales or selling SaaS products
- Confident in making strategic decisions about where to spend your time to get the best results from your partner panel
- A strong communicator and an expert in explaining complex concepts in a simple fashion
- Confident creating and executing presentations and able to run a successful meeting with a partner
It would be beneficial if you had:
- Experience in a Finance/FinTech environment
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.