Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious engineer who’s always ready to take on the next cutting-edge technology and build scalable infrastructure? If your answer is yes, you’re going to fit right in with our team.
We help drive an SRE culture with the engineers we work with and provide tooling to enable engineering teams to go faster and improve their operational excellence. The SRE team also provides expert opinion on the infrastructure design, build, integration, release, deployment and hosting operations.
We are a group of passionate engineers whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we’re looking for people who feel the same.
What you will be doing?
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a drive and passion for technology and designing first-class cloud infrastructure. If you enjoy automation, working with cutting-edge technology, and helping define and steer the technical direction of a global brand then this role is for you.
- Be an automator: we’re using cutting-edge technology to facilitate automation and repeatability. We practice continuous integration and are working towards continuous deployment.
- Be a builder: our engineers are building and expanding our highly-available architecture to handle over $2 billion in loans originated through our pipeline.
- Be a game changer: we’re building infrastructure that has a competitive edge; we’re using technologies like Kubernetes, Apache Kafka , Serverless
- Be a teacher: be generous with your time and expertise to continue the development of our world-class engineering team.
- Take ownership of a solution from inception to production and help see this through with engineers across the tech team.
- Experienced in mentoring other team members on SRE best practice
- An expert in cloud-based infrastructure (AWS)
- Experienced of one or more coding languages, preferably Go, Ruby, Node
- At ease troubleshooting in complex environments using monitoring and logging tools (such as New Relic, Prometheus, Graylog and Kibana)
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Terraform
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.