Team Manager - Outbound Sales
Cultivating success in our Borrower Sales Team is the key to Funding Circle unleashing our potential as a dynamic, market-changing business and we are searching for an inspiring Outbound Team Manager to help make this happen.
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help SME businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. 46,000 UK businesses have financed their goals by borrowing £4.6 billion through Funding Circle.
You will work closely with your team of Sales Development Executives (SDEs) to drive their performance and hone skills as they reach out to SME business owners who have previously engaged with Funding Circle.
A full-time manager, your interest in creating a high-performing team will see you take an active role in mentoring and coaching a diverse mix of direct reports, from fresh graduates to more experienced telesales professionals.
What will you be responsible for?
- Setting weekly targets with SDEs that will reach their monthly goals, and tracking performance against these targets.
- Motivating and energising the team to achieve targets.
- Providing team members with regular feedback and holding 1:1s, KPI reviews and call shadowing sessions.
- Coaching SDEs to help them hit targets and develop their sales skills.
- Setting clear objectives for individuals within the team, both short term and long term.
- Leading the implementation of improvements to the sales process.
- Contributing to the Direct Sales team strategy.
- Being a leader and displaying leadership qualities consistent with FC sales DNA.
What will you bring to the role?
It is important you are:
- Experience as a Team Leader/Manager in for a telesales team (ideally 12+ months in this type of role)
- You thrive in a fast pace, high volume environment
- Demonstrate natural interpersonal & leadership skills
- You understand & have experience in coaching and mentoring sales people, including juniors/graduates
- Motivated by success in numbers, and inspire your team to achieve your targets
- You will have proven experience in a sales environment, working with a complex product
- Analytical & data-driven, you will be able to quickly analyse and interpret KPIs
- Outstanding time management skills and proficiency at multitasking
- Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness
- Excited by change and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
- Proactive and eager to bring new ideas to drive the performance of your team
Why join Funding Circle?
You will join a hard-working and most importantly FUN team where we encourage everyone to expand their knowledge and strive for improvement. There are excellent opportunities for progression and we will support you to excel through regular coaching and development.
Walk into an office that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure - and of course free coffee!
We offer a performance led bonus culture and a range of attractive benefits - both social and practical.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.