Security Risk & Assurance Analyst
Security Risk & Assurance Analyst
London: Competitive salary, shares, benefits
Who are we?
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just nine years, 90,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £7 billion to 68,000 businesses across the world. In 2018 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 115,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
Want to join our mission and help us build a better financial world? We are looking for analytical masterminds who want to be part of our journey and champion small business growth.
About the role:
Does securing a growing international FinTech company sound exciting to you?
Do you want to take on new challenges every day in a fast-paced and fun environment?
Do you want to use new technologies to safeguard the business, learn about new threats, and take the first steps to growing your career in cybersecurity?
If the answer to these questions is yes, you’re a great fit for our team! We’re looking for a motivated Security Risk and Assurance Analyst who can collaborate across the business to help our teams understand the importance of security, and who understands how security impacts all aspects of our enterprise. This role will require strong communication and interpersonal skills, an analytical mindset, and the ability to work collaboratively to be a security evangelist to a diverse audience. You don’t have to be a security guru to join our team, but you will need to be passionate about learning more about security and risk!
Bird’s eye view of the role:
- Update and maintain our security risk register and assurance programme
- Assist in performing risk assessments
- Regularly track risk remediation action plans
- Support the delivery of our security training and awareness initiatives
- Work with the security team to mature the overall GRC processes
- Complete supplier assurance assessments as part of onboarding and renewing contracts with suppliers
- Data collation for security metrics
- Work with business stakeholders on engagements that require security
- Support the Risk and Assurance team to cooperate with all parts of the business, to help us meet regulatory obligations and investor requirements
- Assist in the creation, auditing and enforcement of Information Security Policies and Standards
Our ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrable experience in information security and graduated with an IT Security degree
- Knowledge of ISO27001, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, OWASP, GDPR, and other cybersecurity standards/ best practices
- Ability to collaborate with business and tech teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process driven, self-motivated and well-organised
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with or exposure to security audits and due diligence requests
- Experience of keeping security documentation such as policies up to date upon the review cycle
- Experience of, or exposure to, a governance risk and compliance tool
Why join us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the company’s success by offering generous shares.
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company-wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.