Strategic Execution Manager
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £15.2 billion to 135,000 small business owners. In 2022, lending through Funding Circle’s UK platform helped generate £6.9 billion in GDP while creating and sustaining 106,000 jobs. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
At Funding Circle, Portfolio Management is critical in enabling us to achieve our shared vision of building a better financial world. We are looking for someone with passion that will collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders to achieve our medium term strategy. Where others see problems, you see opportunities and have the tenacity to make change happen. This role is key in our transformation journey from a single product to multi-product organisation, driving change in the way we govern and delivering our strategic initiatives across our UK business.
What will you be doing?
● Compiling and portfolio management of our UK Business Strategic initiatives, bringing together plans across multiple project streams into one overall perspective. Supporting the definition and ongoing development of our UK business delivery strategy - driving forward growth and continuous improvement by establishing a heartbeat of reviews and reporting.
● Responsibility for building our portfolio management capability by implementing smart and lean governance models that value ownership, predictability, flexibility and transparency over pre-prepared project reporting.
● Working cross-functionally to solve problems at pace. Working with experts across the business to identify and manage risks, confidently challenging where necessary and providing well-articulated opinions and recommendations to leadership. Effectively communicate using a variety of methods to reach a range of audiences
● Building mutually beneficial relationships with senior stakeholders and peers. Working closely with senior leaders to effectively plan and report on the delivery of their sub-portfolios. Becoming a strategic thought leader, trusted advisor and someone who can make things happen by being proactive and responding quickly.
● End-to-end planning and delivery of one or more complex projects or programs independently where required.
● Experienced portfolio change management or managing complex, cross-functional business change programs.
● Confident in engaging and managing a range of stakeholders, from associates to C-Suite, and create sustainable mechanisms for your customer(s).
● Thrive in a fast paced environment with motivated and highly experienced colleagues.
● Not afraid to speak up and can concisely and accurately communicate complex situations and guide stakeholders to make decisions.
● Willing to learn and are open to feedback and continuous improvement.
● Able to stay cool under pressure and keep focused on delivering outcomes.
Did you know?
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit!
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits. We have designed our offering around; Health, Wealth, Lifestyle & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Hybrid working environment (2 days a week in office), flexible working options with an amazing office and we will help support your home working set up
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Learning allowance AND other perks such as Gympass, Spill, Just Eat allowance, Electric Car Scheme and more!
- Access to Octopus Money Coach, Free Mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.