Security Engineer X 3
Salary: competitive plus package
Funding Circle brings together small businesses and investors in a way that is truly revolutionary. Our mission is to foster an environment where small business can thrive. Our online platform provides a marketplace where investors receive better returns and small businesses find lower rates. The driving force behind our product is our engineering team; we are building elegant, sustainable, and scalable infrastructure on a global scale, and we want you to be a part of it!
Our mission: to build a better financial world.
Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious engineer who’s always ready to take on the next cutting edge technology? If your answer is yes, you’re going to fit right in with our team. We’re looking for a capable Incident Response Analyst who has a passion for practical security measures and fast reaction times. We are a group of passionate engineers whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we’re looking for partners in crime who feel the same.
You will have demonstrable experience in the following:
- Defining and following workflows and processes so you have room to deal with the unexpected that arises during security incidents.
- Be agile: you’ll need to think outside of the box in order to operate effectively in an ever changing threat landscape.
- Be an investigator: you'll be used to collecting forensic evidence when security incidents occur to determine impact, scope, and remedies.
- Be a communicator: you'll be used to conducting incident postmortem meetings, and documenting the results of security incident investigations.
- Be an automater: you’ll have experience in automated policy analysis and error detection, as well as spam detection and blocking of malicious activities.
- Be a collaborator: you are well engaged with the security community and employ industry best practices and learnings into our platform.
- Be a resource: you’ll have tangible examples of when you have offered expertise to other engineers in the designing and building of secure software.
You will have:
A strong foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, authentication, and communication protocols
- A comprehensive understanding of web application architecture
- Experience with security in cloud environments such as AWS.
- Experience with forensic analysis of artifacts from HIDS, NIDS, and application logs.
- No fear when it comes to learning new technologies and taking initiatives.
- Past contributions to the security community
- Experience in the financial services industry.
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we
offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered.
That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?!
Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
We're creating a bigger marketplace
where investors can directly connect with businesses.
We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
We have a clear competitive advantage in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
Opening Date for applications: Monday 11th February 2019. Closing date for applications: 12th March 2019