Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more.
So far our investors have lent £13.7 billion through it to 122,000 SME owners. In just one year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy.
At Funding Circle we deliver an amazing customer experience through technology. We are focused on empowering small businesses to not only borrow, but pay and spend as well. This will make Funding Circle a multi-product platform, serving a direct and embedded audience.
Procurement is part of the Global Finance division (and sits under the Chief Finance Officer) at Funding Circle. This is a lean team supporting the entirety of our UK business, working closely with the business owners and our Legal, InfoSec and Finance colleagues. The team works across all categories of spend ranging from CorpIT, Engineering, Product, Marketing, HR, Operations and many more.
The main focus of the role is to maintain control and visibility of all supplier spend whilst negotiating the best value for money, as well as ensuring compliance against all Supplier Assurance standards for high risk suppliers.
What will you be doing?
● Relationship Building: Form excellent relationships with internal budget-holders and stake-holders e.g. Legal, Infosec, Finance, Tech.
● Explaining the supplier’s lifetime cost of acquisition cost models with the wider business, where relevant
● Negotiate and strike the best value deals with suppliers with appropriate due diligence
● Savings: Report on the hard and soft savings per acquisition
● Supplier Relationship Management: Maintaining and extracting accurate risk, supplier and contract data to store on our SRM tool (Gatekeeper) which feeds into Financial forecasts and the quarterly Risk Committees
● Tendering: Running effective RFI and RFP processes. Ensuring that projects are well defined prior to sourcing activity being undertaken.
● Well versed in the way of procurement processes including preparation of RFP documentation, tendering, benchmarking, scoring and due diligence
● A proven negotiator with a passion for doing so
● Analytical and numerically astute with strong problem-solving abilities.
● Excel skilled and have the ability to analyse spend information and produce cost comparisons
● Willing to be decisive
● Highly persistent when dealing with suppliers whilst maintaining positive relationships
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits covering; Lifestyle, Health, Wealth & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Flexible and remote working options + home working support
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Wellbeing allowances (including subscription to Gympass)
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.