Senior Scrum Master - Data
Senior Scrum Master - Data
Competitive salary, shares and benefits
Who are we?
Funding Circle was created with a big idea: to revolutionise the broken financial system and secure a better deal for everyone.
We have created the leading small business loans platform in UK, US, Germany and Netherlands; a marketplace that directly connects credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In addition, in 2017 lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
The driving force behind our product is our engineering team; we are using open source technologies like Ruby & Clojure to build a new platform that is elegant and sustainable. We are also creating scalable AWS cloud infrastructure on a global scale, and we want you to be a part of it!
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for a Scrum Master to support our Global Delivery Team. We are a group of creative and ambitious individuals whose bread and butter is delivering great products, solving business problems, learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we’re looking for partners in crime who feel the same.
- Use agile techniques to embed agile principles, practices and theory, to support the team in achieving successful delivery and delighting customers
- Be responsible for making sure a Scrum team lives by the values and practices of continuous throughput or delivery
- Create an environment of trust and safety, encouraging continuous learning and adaptation
- Guide the team to perform at their best, including sustainable quality, predictability and efficiency, removing any impediments to progress, facilitating ceremonies
- Protect of the team while encouraging greater levels of team maturity.
- Own the process for the team, support and educate the Product Owner to refine and maintain the product backlog
We are looking for people who...
- Truly believe in the principles of Agile; not just the processes.
- Have knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques
- Have a personal passion for continuous learning, innovation and best practice
- Are relentlessly proactive in unblocking their team(s)
- Have a technical background; ideally as a developer
- Lead teams towards self-organisation, to predictably deliver and continuously improve
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate estimation and prioritisation and to handle multiple conflicting requirements
- Have experience in product delivery using a broad cross-section of Agile and XP practices
Brownie points for:
- Experience working in a data and/or data warehousing environment
- Experience working in financial services or other highly regulated industry
- Demonstrable experience with Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LESS and another Agile methodologies
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Generous shares for all new employees, after service and on promotion.
- Private healthcare and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development allocation
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch daily
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.