Environmental, Social & Governance - Project Manager
Environment, Social & Governance Project Manager
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
An exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about making a difference to work with the business and the board ESG Committee, supporting Funding Circle’s ESG strategy and the development and implementation of our ESG goals.
A newly formed position reporting to the Global Head of Legal & Regulatory, you will be responsible for coordinating activities that drive the progress of Funding Circle’s ESG framework and strategy. This role will help Funding Circle deliver an ambitious plan for ESG integration throughout the business, including engagement with our small business borrowers, our investors and the communities we serve.
What you will be doing:
- Work directly with global and local working groups and the board ESG committee on select ESG programs and projects including climate change, diversity, equity and inclusion and social impact initiatives
- Help set priorities and identify KPIs and metrics for success
- Manage and complete annual submissions to third party ratings agencies and co-ordinate and contribute to other ESG reporting;
- Manage and respond to ongoing requests from investors and other key stakeholders
- Bring together multiple internal and external stakeholders and help drive decisions
- Support employee engagement efforts related to ESG, employee training, and education.
It would be great if you have:
● A passion for making a difference on ESG and related issues
● 2 to 5 years’ experience as a project or program manager
● Ideally experience in environmental, DE&I, social or governance issues, corporate sustainability or related fields
● Excellent written and verbal communicator, with strong attention to detail
● Self-motivated, resourceful and able to thrive within a dynamic, fast paced organisation
● Team player with ability to work collaboratively with varied stakeholders
● Strong organisational and project management skills – possesses the ability to successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
● Good analytical, writing and presentation skills, including proficiency in presentation applications and Excel (or other data analytics and visualisation tools is helpful)
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.