Principal Cloud Architect
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Architecture & tech strategy” team. This is key function under Technology BU at Funding Circle which is key contributor to the organisation strategies. and vision. You will be part of org which have mature cloud practice with majority of technologies on public cloud.
What will you be doing?
- Define our next stage of cloud strategy, identify & manage the best practices on public cloud, specifically AWS.
- Experience designing & architecting solutions using Cloud Application Technologies
- Define and evangelize best practices for API development
- Identify new relevant technologies and propose architectural patterns that ensure the performance, scalability, and reliability of our solutions
- Keeps up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends – open source and cloud vendors specifically AWS, Data Streaming & Data Science Tech.
- Govern the Cloud architecture across organisations from tech strategies and cloud cost perspective.
- Good knowledge of SOA, Microservices, Message & Event driven oriented architectures
- Prior hands-on Software development experience and Agile development practices.
- Experienced in AWS or similar cloud vendors (Azure, GCP and cloud migration from Hosted to Public cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, FaaS etc.)
- Experienced in the development and design of scalable, performant, robust and fault-tolerant software architectures
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL, Graph etc. databases, Serverless Tech e.g. AWS Lambda, Streaming technologies such as Kafka.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills to reach binding agreement on architectural decisions for a project
- Strong understanding of architecting systems for security, availability, performance, cost and resiliency aligned to key standards.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.