Junior DevOps Engineer
Who are we
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious engineer who’s always ready to take on cutting-edge technology and build scalable infrastructure? If your answer is yes, you’re going to fit right in with our team.
The Platform team builds and maintains the infrastructure that powers all the apps at Funding Circle. If you enjoy automation, working with the latest technology and helping define and steer the technical direction of a global brand then this role is for you.
We are a group of passionate engineers whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we’re looking for people who feel the same.
What you will be doing
- Be an automator: we’re using cutting-edge technology to facilitate automation and repeatability. We practice continuous integration and are working towards continuous deployment.
- Be a builder: our engineers are building and expanding our highly-available architecture to handle over $2 billion in loans originated through our pipeline.
- Be a game changer: we’re building infrastructure that has a competitive edge; we’re using technologies like Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Serverless
- Be a collaborator: you’ll be expected to forge deep bonds with your business counterparts to truly understand the needs of our Borrowers and Investors. We work in an Agile environment including pair programming and daily standups.
- Keen to learn and work with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS)
- Aware of troubleshooting environments using monitoring and logging tools (such as New Relic, Prometheus, Graylog and Kibana)
- Knowledgeable of "Infra as code" technolgy. We love Terraform!
- Experienced in one or more coding languages, preferably Go, Ruby, Node
- Knowledgeable of containerisation technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes clusters
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.