Account Manager - German
Account Manager (German speaker) - London
Are you a high-energy and intelligent Account Manager with fluent German & English? Do you thrive in a target driven environment and want to develop your career in sales? As Funding Circle is expanding, we have a unique opportunity for German speaking Account Managers to join our London HQ and support the expansion of our German market.
*This role is based in our London office, but there is also potential to relocate to our Berlin office for the right person
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help SME businesses get the finance they need to thrive. 46,000 UK businesses have financed their goals by borrowing £5.6 billion through Funding Circle.Every single day, you will speak to these SME business owners in Germany who are looking to grow. You will work with a diverse client base (think, your favourite local high street shop to a tech company looking to expand on the global scale and everyone in between), speaking to them about their business, why they need financing, and how a Funding Circle loan can help them achieve their goals.
What will you be responsible for?
- Handling applications from German businesses applying for a business loan - from initial enquiry to acceptance of funds (100% warm leads generated through direct marketing)
- Establishing relationships and instant rapport with a variety of business owners via telephone and email
- Building and managing a high volume pipeline of successful Funding Circle clients
- Pursuing your targets, both individually and as part of the wider Sales Team
- Maximising the number of applications passed to the Credit team and liaising across the wider business and Loan Operations teams daily
- In constant contact with the Sales & Operations Teams in the Berlin office
What will you bring to the role?
It is important you are:
- You speak German and English fluently - German will be the main language used when speaking to clients
- Motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your targets
- Able to connect easily with others and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills
- Actively contribute to and enjoy being part of a team
- Outstanding time management skills and proficiency at multitasking
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Excited by change and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
It would be advantageous if you have:
- 2:1 degree educated or have equivalent experience
- 6+ months in a customer facing/sales role preferred - this role would be best suited to a fresh graduate looking for their 1st or 2nd job
- A passion about working in an innovative area of finance
- Knowledge or interest in the finance industry
Why join Funding Circle?
As the first port of call for business owners, you will represent Funding Circle right from the beginning. You will join a hard-working and most importantly FUN team where we encourage everyone to expand their knowledge and strive for improvement. There are excellent opportunities for progression and we will support you to excel through regular coaching and development.
Walk into an office that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure - and of course free coffee!
We offer a performance led bonus culture and a range of attractive benefits - both social and practical.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.