Data Product Manager
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in over 170,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Data team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Product Manager to work as part of our Data team in London. We firmly believe that data is our key asset and having a data platform dedicated to analytics and reporting helps drive the growth of our company. This role will work with data engineering, delivery and analysts to extend our data platform - supporting key stakeholders across the business - including risk, customer analytics, data science, capital markets, marketing… and more!
- Be part of the product team responsible for building out our data capabilities through the data platform
- Build relationships with stakeholders to understand their goals, challenges and needs
- Build a roadmap based on value and impact of the potential work you will be undertaking
- Work with engineers and analysts to help shape solutions that deliver value to our customers - from making new data available to creating useful, structured datasets for analytics
- Work with the wider teams to bring cutting edge data technologies to Funding Circle
- Be a data champion and spread the message on the importance of data, using your influence to improve data creation and provisioning
- Build a network and understanding of what is going on across the business, how teams work and interact
- Experience in understanding stakeholder goals and turning them into successful products
- Managing wide groups of stakeholders across all parts of the business, joining the dots to create solutions that works for everyone and prioritise work within the engineering team
- Experienced working with data platforms (data warehouse / data lake) and understanding the core elements that make up these platforms including the teams - Data Scientists, Analysts and / or BI teams
- Able to be the voice of the product, translating technical delivery into business outcomes and communicate this out effectively
- Inquisitive to get into the detail and solving problems but can also step back and communicate the bigger picture
- A relationship building who enjoys having fun at work, whilst understanding what's possible with data and the impact it has on an organisation
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.