An exciting Credit Underwriter position is available with responsibilities of covering expert assessment and underwriting of SME businesses in line with agreed risk policies and guidelines. The position maintains and promotes good governance, credit processes and agreed service levels whilst ensuring Funding Circle values are being promoted internally and externally.
- Analyse credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit.
- Interpret and evaluate external credit reference agency data, undertake due diligence and risk assessment analysis.
- Interpret and evaluate market, sector, and portfolio considerations to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit.
- Timely completion of all applications within agreed service levels.
- Regular updating of internal and external risk systems, including risk monitoring systems, to ensure that data integrity within the portfolio is accurately maintained.
- Make recommendations for the ongoing development of systems, processes and business practices to provide improvements in efficiency and capacity.
- Help to enhance the quality of credit applications
- Provide appropriate advice and guidance to colleagues ensuring that commercial opportunities are maximised without compromising Funding Circle’s risk management.
- Relevant credit experience
- Excellent analytical skills with a sound presence of commerciality and business focus.
- Ability to structure transactions based upon market sector, asset and security
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and manage time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-disciplined, motivated, a strong team player.
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
With teams in London, San Francisco, Denver, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.