Director, Software Engineering - Marketing
The Director Engineering will report to the Vice President Technology, Engineering to provide the strategic approach, capabilities and principles needed to create and sustain a high performing software engineering function within the organization. The Director will build and promote practices within the engineering organization that will drive scalability, stability and continual improvement to support the strategic direction of a consumer facing service-oriented company.
Leads a team of engineering focused on Marketing applications, tools, and integrations leveraging cutting-edge technologies. It will be your responsibility to guide the team in adding new features, updating existing ones, reliability and performance, and optimizing processes. One of the most important roles you will play as the leader in this organization is to recruit, hire, coach and develop the team.
- Provide engineering execution excellence, as well as technical vision and direction, to ensure the team is aligned with the strategic direction of the company.
- Recruit A+ talent and lead hiring efforts for the team, with a focus on scaling, improving speed, quality, and efficiency over time. Provides strong hands-on leadership and mentoring to highly technical product development teams and cultivates a culture of empowerment and accountability.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the globally distributed development, QA and DevOps teams.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of new products and features while proactively and efficiently collaborating with all stakeholders. Helping stakeholders to decompose their projects into concrete units of work for the development team.
- Lead the teams to predictably deliver high-quality, scalable software.
- Implement new team processes and effectively lead change management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading technical teams.
- Extraordinary dynamic leadership capability including demonstrated ability to be a change agent and influence the direction of the organization while maintaining a culture where associates are recognized as important assets to the organization.
- Strong and detailed knowledge of architectures, web-based technologies, modern front-end technology stacks, service-oriented systems integrations, cloud computing, continuous integration and deployment methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of digital marketing paradigms, platforms, and technologies: marketing automation, google analytics, data management platforms, etc.
- Knowledge of data streaming and enterprise service bus is a plus.
- Excellent communication, analytical and creative problem-solving skills with strong detail orientation.
- A values-driven leader able to motivate and energize a highly intelligent, experienced team.
- The ability to drive innovation, foster a high-energy environment and partner with leaders and teams across the organization to ensure that our products and services deliver targeted customer value.
- Proven ability to build highly effective relationships and manage conflict through a collaborative, candid, yet respectful communication style.
- Experience with open source technology.