Would you like to be part of a company where machine learning is at the core of its product offerings? Do you want to build (not analyze, support or A/B test) machine learning-based product features from scratch? Are you interested in applying machine learning to a dataset that no other company in the world has? Can you innovate in a greenfield machine learning application environment that has rarely been researched in academia? Then come and join a collaborative team that builds solutions that provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drives business analytics.
Are you looking to make an impact? Do you love seeing your work implemented and hearing how your contributions have made a difference? ExtraHop offers an exciting, high-energy, and versatile environment in which people are encouraged and supported to collaborate on industry-leading technology while they develop and enrich their individual growth. And we're doing it with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor (it's required here, seriously).
The Extrahop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. It provides unparalleled visibility into every transaction and behavior for every single entity within an enterprise network. This complete visibility allows our customers to proactively detect and remediate IT performance issues and cyber attacks in real-time. As part of the data science team, you will be responsible for end-to-end delivery and operation of all machine learning capabilities across ExtraHop products.
- Innovate and build new attack detection and analytic capabilities using machine learning on the ExtraHop platform
- Collaborate with software engineers and own the end-to-end development of machine learning features and capabilities (from ideation to productionization)
- Identify and engineer new features with our networking subject matter experts
- Inspire and educate our user interaction designers to incorporate model results and analysis into user workflows
- Learn from threat researchers and become an expert in network attack scenarios and encode domain expertise into algorithms and models
Typical successful candidates have;
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, mathematics/statistics, or other quantitative fields
- Five or more years of professional experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient at programming in Python or other high-level languages
- Knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms
- A deep understanding of the theory behind machine learning models such as generalized linear models, classification, clustering, ensemble learning, time series analysis, graphical analysis, neural networks, etc.
- Willingness to learn complex topics in cyberattacks and network monitoring
You make the bonus round if you have:
- Experience in applying machine learning or statistical modeling to solve real-world problems
- Experience in building end-to-end machine learning systems
- An understanding of network protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, DNS, and HTTP
- Knowledge of building scalable and high-performance systems
- An understanding of various product-development life cycles
ExtraHop is on a mission to arm security teams to confront active threats and stop breaches. Our Reveal(x) 360 platform, powered by cloud-scale AI, sees every threat without being seen. We analyze all cloud and network traffic in real-time to eliminate blind spots and detect threats that other tools miss, helping our customers respond to breaches up to 84 percent faster.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle, and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
We offer compelling benefits to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits covered at 100% for employees.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP
- Educational Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharged/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cybercriminals, and insider threats. Ready to join us?