Sr. Corporate Communications and PR Manager
Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
Ekata is looking for a strategic, creative, and collaborative Sr. Corporate Communications and PR Manager to lead and coordinate the development of our public relations and corporate communications efforts. This role is responsible for delivering Ekata’s unique point of view and brand story internally and externally through PR story development, media relations/tours, press releases, analyst relations, podcast, influencer marketing and internal communication plans. This individual will report directly to the Head of Global Marketing, yet, work closely with the various teams across the company to source, interpret and package knowledge about our global brand, people, and business strategy differentiation, into crisp communications plans. This position requires keen communications intuition, effective writing and interpersonal skills, strong professional presence, a team-player approach, and the ability to connect the dots across all areas of the business.
In the Sr. Corporate Communications and PR Manager role, you will:
- Be Ekata’s communications expert with strong media relationships in local media and/or tech media and proven ability to place strategic stories and drive campaigns across new mediums.
- Serve as a strategic partner to plan, develop and prepare effective and thoughtful communications that educate, inform and connect with internal and external audiences.
- Collaborate with other Ekata teams, including Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Sales leadership, Vertical business partners, and HR, to drive Ekata’s narrative, garnering global and national visibility and increasing Ekata’s brand/thought leader footprint.
- Build upon the Ekata communications 2.0 framework and supporting programs to raise internal and external thought leadership and company awareness.
- Prepare leaders and subject matter experts for interviews and speaking engagements.
- Manage and work closely with media agencies to develop messaging, events and experiences that support PR & communications work.
- Write and oversee press releases/media articles and collaborate on the overall PR strategy, including development of PR assets related to marketing campaigns and product go-to-market initiatives.
- Analyze, measure and internally report on results from Corporate Communications & PR efforts.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in journalism, media relations, consumer public relations, marketing communication, marketing publicity in tech
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, business, or a related field.
- Experience managing agencies and/or working at an agency, or in local media.
- A proven ability to develop strategic public relations, marketing or communications programs and successfully execute upon them with measurable results.
- Exceptional communication in visual, spoken and the written word, with a passion for telling stories, making news and driving employee engagement.
- Organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity, multiple, and often competing priorities to successful completion.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Must be capable of building successful relationships with internal stakeholders, including those at the senior executive level.
Nice to Haves
- Experience bringing new and growth data products/solutions to market via innovative campaign strategies.
- Forward thinking ability that has led to complex initiatives by working in a tightly integrated manner across business units and partner organizations.
- Proven ability to understand complex business issues and how they impact the bottom line.
- Strategic thinking with sound judgment and a high degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
This role is based in Seattle and will report directly to our VP of Global Marketing.
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.