Sr. UX Researcher
We’re looking for an awesome UX Researcher to join our growing product design team. You will be looked upon to uncover deep insights and partner with product designers, product managers, engineers and cross-functional roles to elevate the user experience for our teachers, students, parents and school admins who use our web and mobile products every day around the world. You must be passionate about user research, an exceptional communicator and be comfortable scaling your work from identifying new product opportunities, validating product concepts to running usability tests after products have been launched.
As the first researcher to join our team, you’ll have the opportunity develop the user research practice and culture across our company. If you have at least 5 years of hands-on experience running usability studies on large scale websites/mobile devices, we invite you to join us in building a world “class” user experience.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, usability testing (remote and in-person), and any other methods you find impactful.
- Package insights into design tools and assets for the product managers and designers (i.e. personas, design principles, scenarios, frameworks, etc.).
- Collect, analyze, and present quantitative and/or qualitative data to generate actionable strategic and tactical recommendations that can improve the product experience for our users.
- Partner with our data analytics team to provide context for their insights.
- Find compelling ways to communicate insights, advocate for our users and cultivate an empathetic culture across the company.
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects that involve key. stakeholders, product teams and cross-functional roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, highly energetic, fun and fast-paced environment.
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science or comparable UX research experience.
- 5+ full years of experience with Product organizations, conducting qualitative research studies, including usability/user testing, surveys, and user interviews.
- Flexibility to provide lightweight design work as needed - flowcharts, wireframes or similar work.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.