Director of Marketing (Acquisition and Retention)
Drive growth for Edmodo through the acquisition and retention of teachers.
Edmodo, with over 100 million registered members, is the world’s largest social learning network where teachers, students and parents come to connect, share content, collaborate and learn more.
Edmodo is looking for a highly analytical, experienced go-to-market leader who can build the strategy, manage the team and execute on acquisition and reactivation programs to create a new growth trajectory for Edmodo.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Create the overall marketing strategy to drive demand for Edmodo from both new and previous educators, and communicate this vision to the Edmodo team.
- Build and execute integrated demand generation campaigns and programs to hit growth goals including paid advertising, social media, influencer and email marketing, nurture and win back programs.
- Manage, mentor and develop a high functioning team to evolve and grow our programs.
- Collaborate with other marketing and sales channels, event marketing, product marketing, community, design and adoption, to create integrated, highly impactful campaigns.
- Set targets, track and analyze program results, define and manage resources and budget, and report out on program success.
- Understand educator needs, segments and trends and translate those into effective campaigns that will drive interest in and usage of Edmodo.
- You will manage a team of marketers to build a robust, high performing demand generation program.
- You have a passion for changing lives through education.
- You are an experienced campaign marketer who has developed successful programs in acquisition marketing, social strategy, content marketing, lead nurture and email marketing.
- You are deeply analytical and are able to size opportunities, set up tests, measure results, and optimize campaigns.
- You can create the vision and strategy for a critical marketing team and communicate this vision internally.
- You can nurture a team, develop the team’s skill sets, and set strategic priorities amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- You work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and cross functionally.
- You like the challenge of working in a hands on, demanding start-up environment.
- You are a mature, self-motivated “go-getter” with a positive and professional attitude.
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 7+ years experience in Marketing or Growth areas.
- Experience managing, mentoring and growing a team.
- We are looking for a candidate in the Bay Area, working mostly in our offices in San Mateo, California with occasional conference or school-visit trips.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to reach their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 100 million members across 450,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.