We are looking to fill an entry level Infrastructure Engineer for the Edmodo Ops team. An ideal candidate would have a strong desire to learn how to design, implement, and operate within a distributed cloud-based infrastructure. The ability to architect, implement, and automate new infrastructure components is a must since we are re-designing critical pieces of our infrastructure to support our explosive growth. Simultaneously, you should not be daunted by the need to support legacy systems. We expect you to work well with a highly collaborative existing Ops team. An understanding of security concepts and practices is a plus.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Deployment and package management (ex: Docker, continuous integration).
- Alerting and monitoring (ex: Nagios, New Relic).
- DNS management.
- AWS services (ex: EC2, S3, Route53, CloudFront, CloudTrail).
- Optimizing AWS costs (ex: reservation strategies, scaling techniques, hardware type selection).
- Configuration and optimization of web servers data systems (ex: Apache/Nginx, Memcache/Redis).
- Participation in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Solid understanding of database concepts and experience with MySQL
- Proficiency in Unix concepts
- Fluency in a scripting language, preferably Python and Shell scripting
- Experience with Git, especially tagging, branching, and merging.
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science in progress or a related discipline or equivalent experience
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.