Security Software Engineer (Mobile)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the mobile team to ensure their code follows best practices and avoids security flaws.
- Review mobile code and releases to ensure that they meet our security standards
- Lead and participate in architectural decisions to achieve and maintain a high-security bar that can be sustained reliability and at scale.
- Define security standards and implement efficient and automated processes for vulnerability, intrusion detection, and file integrity monitoring and incident response
- Respond to reports in our bug bounty program
- Audit and report our on the security and compliance of our services
- Assess and recommend new services and technologies
- Innovate how we streamline information security into our releases.
- 4 years of experience with Mobile and/or Security engineering
Possess a strong knowledge of:
- Security best practices
- Securing and managing cloud services (AWS)
- Operating system, network, and application security
- Scripting/Coding in at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, or Java
- You have a BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience automating solutions
- Research experience a plus
- Able to participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career, and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.